Experience the Great Variety That Cuba Offers
Cuba is more than an island nation of beautiful, tranquil beaches. It has lush tropical flora with plants endemic to Cuba and gardens and farms that are very appealing and unique in their beauty and innovation. For these reasons and many other reasons horticultural groups travel to Cuba year after year.
Local horticulture enthusiasts that work with the World Passage team enable you to explore many areas of the world of Cuban horticulture. Our relationships with these experts, which we have cultivated over many years, permits us to offer you experiences not available to the casual visitor.
These are just a few examples of what your horticultural group can experience when visiting Cuba with our team:
- Guided Exploration of Havana’s Botanic Garden – A venue where every eco-system in the island has been recreated.
- Meetings with Cuban horticultural society leadership and members.
- Learning about the country’s exotic plants, urban farms and their latest innovative gardening techniques.
- Guided tour of Jardin Botanico de Cienfuegos (managed by Harvard University before the revolution) and meeting with the staff.
- A fascinating and unique exploration of the use of plants in Cuban religion of African origin – presented through lecture, dance and music.
- Learning about Cuba’s unique use of medicinal plants.
- Meeting the new entrepreneurs who have brought ornamental plants back to every day Cuban life.
- Visiting the country’s greatest reforestation success, La Terrazas and the Orchid Garden of Soroa.
- And of course learning about Cuban art, history and culture.
World Passage Can Create a Customized Tour for Your Horticultural Group
We have created customized tours of Cuba for leading horticulture groups in the U.S. including:
- Magnolia Society International
- The Delaware Center for Horticulture
- The Horticultural Society of New York
We look forward to speaking with you.